The HCCIF is filled with a range of events that showcase the Hunter Central Coast's intellectual capital and creative innovations, with the aim to inspire others to become involved in entrepreneurship and innovation.
The format of the festival is that a number of different events will be held throughout the region at various venues, over the two weeks. Each individual event will be managed by a company or organisation within the region.
There may be several events held on each day but it is proposed that events would not overlap, to ensure that maximum attendance is achieved at each event. We are seeking innovative businesses to participate in the 2010 Hunter Central Coast Innovation Festival by holding an event, display, tour or activity.
An Innovation Award will again be awarded during the Festival and will be awarded to one of the Festival participants (companies). The Management Committee are presently determining the criteria for the Award and information will be supplied to each participant expressing interest in participating in the Award process.
Proposed events include Official opening launch Lectures, Seminars, Workshops Leading guest speakers and award winning innovators Tours of innovative facilities and businesses, Innovation Trials Exhibitions and performances.
Benefits of Participation
Profile your business to leading innovators Promote your innovative products and services Learn about the innovation process and commercialisation of ideas Network with other innovators and investors Build your reputation as a leading innovator Inclusion in the official 2010 Hunter Central Coast Innovation Festival booklet and Entry into the 2010 Hunter Central Coast Innovation Festival Award.
Criteria for Participation
To be included in the 2010 Hunter Central Coast Innovation program, you must provide the information about your event, stating how the event will:
- Address the objectives of the 2010 Hunter Central Coast Innovation Festival (see below) and
- Demonsrate the theme of the Festival - Local Innovation, Research, Knowledge and Entrepreneurship.
Objectives of Festival
The objectives of the festival are:
- To profile the Hunter and Central Coast intellectual capital and innovative creativity
- To promote the Hunter and Central Coast strengths in innovation, knowledge and entrepreneurship
- To enhance the Hunter and Central Coast's reputation as a centre of innovation and new ideas
- To demonstrate the value of research, development and commercialisation
- To reinforce the innovation and entrepreneurial process, from idea to market
- To facilitate networking between innovators and investors
- To increase public awareness of the contribution of innovation to the Regions' economy
- To position the Hunter and Central Coast as internationally recognised leaders of innovation.
How do you participate? Register your interest by contacting Kate O'Mara Project Coordinator here.